Summer 2015 to-do list

All underclassmen have heard about lately is about senior plans for next year. Every conversation somehow leads back to college and graduation. Even though these things are fun to look forward to, underclassmen’s summer plans are often overlooked. As June 1st looms closer, students are often less focused on studying for finals, and more excited about their summer plans. The options for this summer are endless, from Lollapalooza to college visits, and students at GHS have a wide variety of plans for this fast approaching summer.

One current freshman, Elijah Rochon, has a rare opportunity to be engulfed in Spanish culture this summer while studying abroad. For two months, Rochon will be visiting Valencia, Spain and staying with a host family. While there, he will be taking classes, experiencing Spain’s rich culture, and focusing on improving his language skills.

Even though not everyone has summer plans as extravagant as studying abroad in Spain, several underclassmen have fun plans worth mentioning as well.

Many sophomores and juniors take summer as an opportunity to take college visits, like Kate Hahn, a sophomore at GHS. Hahn plans to visit colleges such as Loyola, Northwestern, and Saint Mary’s. As well as college visits she counts on going to the pool often, applying for jobs, and going to a Taylor Swift concert.

Current junior Natalie Carberry also has a busy summer planned.  Carberry also plans to apply for a job, but besides that her summer consists of performing in some shows, writing a movie for GHS’s own GTV, and going to the three-day summer music festival, Pitchfork.

These are just a few of the many underclassmen’s summer plans at GHS. What are you planning to do over the summer? Music Festivals? College Visits? Sports? Going on Vacation? Whatever it may be, let us know in the poll below!

What will you be spending the most time in the summer doing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...