We Are…

We are solid.

In place of the pictures of students taken during registration, new group shots have been put up along the wall of Viking Boulevard. These pictures are filled with the smiling faces of students and teachers, all together in a big group picture of each class.

On the last day of the communications department takeover a few weeks ago, pictures were taken in first hour classes, where the phrase of ‘I am’ from the individual pictures became ‘We are’ instead. The phrase is followed by a unique word picked by students to describe their class; from jumbled up letters that spell ‘apprentice historians’ when put into the right order to multiple Spanish classes proclaiming that they are tired. Other classes deemed themselves determined and strong, while others are intellectual and hardworking. Some joked of being farmers, while the Band called themselves fam, and a Geometry class wrote their word in the form of a proof.

We are psyched. We are happy. We are kind. We are solid. We are positive. We are diverse. We are international. We are smart.

These words describe all the students who go to school here at Geneva High School, and it is a great way to show we are together as well. Make sure to check out these pictures the next time you walk down Viking Boulevard and don’t forget to #useourvoices!