An out-of-this-world Homecoming Week

The Homecoming Week Rundown for 2014!

GHS students, prepare yourselves, because it’s that time of year again! Homecoming is quickly approaching, here’s everything you need to know for Homecoming 2014, and the jam packed week ahead of us!

The festivities kick off Monday morning at 7:40 am. All grades should dress in their class colors; freshman in green, sophomores in yellow, juniors in red, and seniors in Viking blue! The day is followed by our annual Powder-puff game on Burgess! Come out to support your team, see who has the toughest players. The first game is the freshman vs the seniors at 7:00 pm followed by the sophomores playing the juniors, and finally the two winning teams face each other to earn their class the Powder-puff championship! Come out sporting your green, yellow, red or blue and support your peers!

Break out your Hawaiian shirts and leis because Tuesday is tropical day!  Wacky Wednesday is up next, wear your wildest patterns and mismatched outfits! Zeetus Leepetus, Thursday is space day! We want to see a galactic student body, so show off your cosmic clothes.

Geneva’s wonderful PTO has put together a student barbecue, supplying each GHS student with a free dinner. It’ll be served at Burgess on Thursday, starting at 5:30 PM! Be sure to grab some grub before you head on over to the pep rally which takes place from 5:30-7:30.

Finally the Friday fun begins. As usual it is Viking spirit day, so wear your blue with pride! On Friday we have an 11:05 dismissal since the homecoming parade starts at 2:00 pm and goes through downtown Geneva. After the parade, be sure to come out and support our football players Friday evening. The Homecoming varsity football game begins at 7:30 pm at Burgess Field. The Vikings will be battling the West Chicago Wildcats!

Saturday is the day we have all been waiting for… the Homecoming dance! Come bust a move on the Contest Gym dance floor with all of your friends! The dance begins at 7:00 and goes until 10:00. If you have not already picked up your Homecoming tickets be sure to get some for $25 each during lunch periods every day this week! This space themed dance is sure to be an unforgettable one.

Students have Monday off of school, so enjoy sleeping in before classes start up at 7:40 Tuesday morning. Everyone have a safe and fun long weekend! Homecoming 2014 is going to be out of this world!